Thursday, February 27, 2014

Arrived at Camp

I'm here!

After a long drive (about 4 hours), I'm set up at FITS. My lovely and amazing boyfriend was dropping me off, around 8:30pm, so it was pitch black. We called the number left out on the gate, and the Ride Manager Gail kindly listened to my thousand questions trying to get my bearings on where to set my tent up. Maybe I was too busy drooling over all the big and shiny trailers out here, but I got my directions wrong and nearly set my tent up in the main path of traffic. Thankfully, she had called a lovely gentleman to come out and give me a hand. 

My Army boyfriend quite quickly set my tent up with all of the bells and whistles needed to camp out in about 45F. I'm warm and bundled up under plenty of Army-issued blankets, just beginning to hear the horses around call, and what could only be buckets or ties banging against trailers across the camp. Maybe it was because I arrived so late and riders have such early morning starts, but I did not expect it to be so quite. There were hardly any lights on. I've yet to actually see a horse, as I'm "tented" right at the edge of camp, but cannot wait until the morning.

 

Gail, the Ride Manager, offered to let me sleep in until about 9, though the horses would be going off around 6:30. I told her I would be up much earlier, if only to watch (stare in learning and jealousy) the riders in their morning routines. She mentioned something about going off with the starter, so I'm really just thrilled. 

It's only the start of the trip, but I couldn't feel more welcomed so far. The morning should be a fun time. I would be posting pictures for my few readers, but it's pitch black and I don't think the inside of my tent is the most fun to see. 

Well, early morning tomorrow, hope to post again after the activities are done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment